By Kristinn Taylor TheGatewayPundit.com
NBC’s Meet the Press and host Chuck Todd libeled The Gateway Pundit Sunday morning with a graphic prepared by NBC reporter Ben Collins that falsely labeled TGP of being part of a “chain of intentionally bad information”. Todd also slandered TGP in his question about the graphic.
Here’s the chart flow they posted on NBC which is completely ridiculous.
Newsbusters reported on the segment and posted a partial transcript. Chuck Todd pressed establishment conservative Matthew Continetti of the Free Beacon on the Meet the Press smear of independent conservative media and Continetti responded by throwing everyone under the bus.
“TODD: Matthew, I wanted you to address what I think is an ecosystem problem, at least on the right. I want to put up something that my colleague, Ben Collins, put here. It’s a bit of an ecosystem here. It’ll say, something starts on 4Chan. There’s the subreddit of Trump. InfoWars might pick it up. Then it starts inching into the mainstream. Gateway Pundit might just say, “Oh, what’s this about?” Then it gets to Drudge, might have a provocative headline link. Rush might say it in his fun, little way. Then it does make its way into Fox News and then, of course, your Facebook feed. How do you create more accountability in the conservative ecosystem for, basically, dealing with propaganda?
CONTINETTI: Well, it’s hard work. And I think it begins by trying to instruct young conservatives in the canons of journalism, mainly, empirical verification, right? And this, I think, the distrusted institutions, that’s longstanding among conservatives, has led many of them to no longer believe in the idea that you need, kind of, evidence, in order to forward a fact. Or they don’t believe in certain verified sources, credentialed sources, of evidence or information. They don’t trust any of it.
Further in his comments Continetti compares conservative outlets to the supermarket tabloids that feature articles about the space alien predicting the next president.
WATCH ON #MTP: On how to create accountability against propaganda, @Continetti says young conservatives need to employ “empirical verification.” #IfItsSunday
“The distrust in institutions … has led many of them to no longer believe in the idea that you need … evidence.”517:04 PM – Dec 29, 2019
- Rally in Massachusetts Calls for Removing COVID-19 Mask Restrictions: Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai
- Michigan Woman Died of ‘Complications’ After Getting COVID-19 Vaccine: Family
- Republicans: Break Up Big Tech After Facebook Board Upholds Trump Ban
- Parents Should Oppose Critical Race Theory to ‘Save Our Kids’ from Left-Wing Indoctrination: AG Paxton
- Trump Endorses Elise Stefanik to Replace Liz Cheney in House GOP Leadership
- Denmark Drops Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Over Possible Blood Clot Link on
- Ghislaine Maxwell’s Sex Crimes Trial in New York Delayed Until Fall on
- Trump Promises ‘Orderly Transition’ After Biden Certified as President-Elect on
- Trump Says Supreme Court ‘Incompetent and Weak’ Over Election Fraud on
- NH’s Voting Machines Are Capable of Redistributing Votes on