By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News
‘If you want to be an advocate for them, Judy … listen to what the facts are’.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., had a bitter exchange with “PBS NewsHour” anchor Judy Woodruff Tuesday over the ongoing stalemate on Capitol Hill between lawmakers negotiating a so-called “Phase 4” coronavirus aid bill.
At one point in their interview, Woodruff asked Pelosi about the “flexibility” GOP lawmakers are showing in terms of allocating more money for state and local governments, as well as Republican arguments that “much of the money” allocated in the CARES Act “has not even been spent yet.”
PELOSI CALLS CORONAVIRUS ‘TRUMP VIRUS’ FOLLOWING REVIVED WHITE HOUSE TASK FORCE BRIEFING
That didn’t sit well with Pelosi.
“Well, if you want to be an advocate for them, Judy, if you want to be an advocate for them, listen to what the facts are,” the speaker scolded the veteran anchor.
“I’m playing devil’s advocate here,” Woodruff responded.
“No, you aren’t,” Pelosi shot back. “The point is we have a bill that meets the needs of the American people. It’s called the HEROES Act. They [Republicans] don’t even want to do state and local and when they do, it’s very meager and they want to revert money from before.”
The exchange received renewed attention of social media Thursday, with Pelosi coming in for heavy criticism.
“Watch what happens when the media actually asks a real question from @SpeakerPelosi,” Reagan Battalion reacted.
“This is an outrageous attack on the free press in America by a politician, I await the strong condemnation from the usual corners of the media,” Fourth Watch media analyst Steve Krakauer wrote.
“Wow. Pelosi is so worked up about not being tossed softballs here,” RedState senior editor Brandon Morse tweeted. “It’s pathetic that she’s so indignant about being asked a simple question. If Democrats can’t respond to simple Republican points then they’re in big trouble,”
- Biden downplayed Antifa’s threat at Tuesday’s debate, but the WH, experts believe it’s a terror group
- Chamber of Commerce’s top political strategist abruptly forced out
- US private employers add 749,000 jobs in September, topping expectations
- Mnuchin signals stimulus deal is near, driving Dow up nearly 400 points at open
- House GOP China task force to release report on combating Chinese Communist Party: ‘US must act decisively’
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on
- Our leaders have sided with the agents of chaos – we’re told crimes of the mob are our fault on
- US Aircraft Carriers Return to South China Sea Amid Rising Tensions on