By Yael Halon | Fox News
Rep. Doug Collins, R-Ga., one of numerous House Republicans on President Trump’s legal defense team, told the “Brian Kilmeade Show” Wednesday that the Democrats’ impeachment efforts will go down as a “sad time in history.”
“You never predict history but having lived this one, history will show this as a very sad time in our history,” Collins said, hours before Trump’s expected acquittal in the Senate.
“History will show this as a very sad time…”— Doug Collins, the ‘Brian Kilmeade Show’
MITT ROMNEY TELLS CHRIS WALLACE WHY HE’LL VOTE TO CONVICT PRESIDENT TRUMP
Collins, who serves as the ranking member on the House Judiciary Committee, rejected House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s claim that Trump’s impeachment will taint his legacy forever, saying, “he will also be acquitted for life too.”
REPUBLICAN SUSAN COLLINS, KEY SWING-VOTE SENATOR, ANNOUNCES SHE WILL VOTE TO ACQUIT TRUMP
Pelosi appeared furious Tuesday night during President Trump’s third State of the Union address to Congress, which drew groans from Democrats in attendance and prompted the Speaker to rip up her copy of the speech as soon as it concluded.
The dramatic scene held symbolic significance, Collins explained, reiterating his belief that history will judge Pelosi’s actions unfavorably.
“It will show that the Speaker of the House … has symbolically been tearing up the rules of the House, symbolically tearing up the constitution … the due process minority rights she has always claimed to be a part of,” Collins said.
“And,” he continued, “she’s been doing so because of one thing: She just cannot stand a president who does what he says and has the results that he wants.”Yael Halon is a reporter for Fox News.
- China Emits More Greenhouse Gas Than Developed Countries Combined: Report
- Arizona Senate President Says She Thinks Election Audit Will Uncover ‘Irregularities’
- Californians to Lose Congressional Seat
- How the Biden-Harris Migration ‘Fix’ Would Throw Good Billions After Bad
- McConnell Says ‘100 Percent’ of His Focus Is on Blocking Biden’s Agenda
- Denmark Drops Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Over Possible Blood Clot Link on
- Ghislaine Maxwell’s Sex Crimes Trial in New York Delayed Until Fall on
- Trump Promises ‘Orderly Transition’ After Biden Certified as President-Elect on
- Trump Says Supreme Court ‘Incompetent and Weak’ Over Election Fraud on
- NH’s Voting Machines Are Capable of Redistributing Votes on