By Ann W. Schmidt | Fox News
The detective reportedly threw away his food because he was worried something had been done to it.
A restaurant server reportedly lost her job after giving a police detective a snarky “tip” on his receipt.
The server, who worked at the Happy Camper restaurant in the Wrigleyville neighborhood of Chicago, reportedly wrote “Quit your job!” on the detective’s receipt on Sunday, according to a photo obtained by local outlet CWB Chicago.
The outlet reported that the detective reportedly threw away his order after seeing the note, worried something had been done to his food.
PENNSYLVANIA MAN ROBS PIZZERIA AFTER APPLYING FOR JOB, LEAVES BEHIND CONTACT INFORMATION: REPORT
On Monday, Happy Camper posted a statement about the incident on its website and Facebook page, saying it had fired the employee.
“Our company works incredibly hard to provide a positive and enjoyable experience for all customers,” the post said. “Upon learning this morning about an incident last night involving a customer, we immediately took action to terminate the employee.”
“We sincerely and humbly apologize — the action of one does not accurately reflect who we are as a company,” the post continued. “We have zero tolerance for any behavior that doesn’t give our customers the full respect they deserve.”
In a comment on the post, the restaurant also said it had apologized to the detective.
“Please also know that Happy Camper has reached out to the police officer to personally apologize, offer a full refund and provide a gift card to his restaurant of choice,” the comment said. “Thanks again to all of our customers for your understanding.”
More than 250 people commented on the post as of Tuesday evening, with many praising the actions of the restaurant.
“Nice to see a business take the appropriate action,” one woman wrote. “One employee does not reflect the business as a whole.”
Another person wrote: “Good call. Absolutely unacceptable behavior. Thank you for holding the employee accountable. I hope the message was loud and clear to other employees.”
- Wildfire erupts in California’s Napa County, emergency evacuations over ‘dangerous rate of spread’
- Mexican authorities issue warrants for military, police allegedly linked to disappearance of 43 students
- Andrew McCarthy: Steele dossier source – would you believe a suspected Russian spy?
- Hawley warns Schumer not to criticize Barrett over religion during SCOTUS hearing
- Senator Kennedy to Dem colleague ‘Sell crazy somewhere else’
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on
- Our leaders have sided with the agents of chaos – we’re told crimes of the mob are our fault on
- US Aircraft Carriers Return to South China Sea Amid Rising Tensions on