By Nick Givas | Fox News
Former Republican White House Chief of Staff John Sununu said pollsters must rebuild their data metrics across the board if they hope to obtain more accurate polling in future elections — and predicted President Trump has nothing to worry about despite some recent results.
Sununu appeared on “America’s Newsroom” Monday, and host Sandra Smith cited a Fox News poll showing Biden out in front of Trump by 10 points. She then asked what Trump can do turn the tide, and Sununu replied by attacking the validity of the polls.
“Just continue to be presidential,” he said. “And with all due respect to all the polls that are out there, they’ve got to reform their process.”
Sununu said voters are fed up with pollsters and will usually avoid giving them information, or will purposely give a false answer out of spite. He also urged the industry to reform its current model to gain a more accurate understanding of America’s pulse.
BIDEN LEAD SLIPS IN LATEST IOWA POLL; SANDERS, WARREN, BUTTIGIEG ARE NEAREST CONTENDERS
“There are folks who deliberately don’t answer their phones when they’re called,” Sununu said.
“There are folks who give wrong answers to the pollsters, and this is becoming more and more of a problem in the polling process,” he said. “Until we get six months away from the election, none of the polls even hint at what is going on in the public.”
JOHN SUNUNU ON JOE BIDEN’S LEAD SLIPPING IN IOWA: HIS CAMPAIGN HAS BEEN ‘A LITTLE BIT INEPT’
“[Trump] should not be worried. Look, the far left path that the Democratic party has become is nowhere near mainstream America. And it is mainstream America that elects presidents.”
The former New Hampshire governor also referred to the 2020 Democratic debates as a “circus” earlier in the interview and said Joe Biden is the candidate with the most to lose in the early stages. He also accused the entire Democratic field of shamelessly pandering for votes.
“The circus will begin this week with the two debates,” he said. “The Democratic [cadidates] are having their two debates. Joe Biden really is the one that has the most to lose in these two debates. He’s got to demonstrate that he’s all there. He’s got to demonstrate that he knows how to speak to the new Democratic Party. And he probably has to demonstrate that he can out-pander the other gang of panderers.”Nick Givas is a reporter with Fox News. You can find him on Twitter at @NGivasDC.
- GAO: Millions in Danger of Missing CCP Virus Payments
- Severino and Scaturro: Supreme Court confirmation can proceed – History, voters confirm it
- Cal Thomas: Trump and Supreme Court’s future — conservatives have been waiting for this moment for decades
- Big Tech leads stocks higher as Fed Chairman Powell testifies on coronavirus recovery
- What to know about the top female judges being mentioned for SCOTUS
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on
- Our leaders have sided with the agents of chaos – we’re told crimes of the mob are our fault on
- US Aircraft Carriers Return to South China Sea Amid Rising Tensions on