By Edmund DeMarche | Fox News
A crowd had a similar chant recently in North Carolina.
President Trump’s speech during a rally on Thursday in Freeland, Mich., was briefly interrupted by supporters who chanted, “We love you,” while the president was at the podium.
Trump, who is famous for rarely showing emotion, could be seen taking a step back from the rostrum while he seems to collect himself. He tried to make light of the moment and pretended to wipe away tears over the crowd’s gesture.
“Don’t say that,” he said. “I’ll start to cry and that wouldn’t be good for my image. We don’t…you don’t want to see me cry.”
Trump told the crowd that a similar chant broke out during a recent stop in North Carolina.
TRUMP SAYS MICHIGAN’S WHITMER ‘DOESN’T HAVE A CLUE’ AFTER SHE CALLS HIM ‘BIGGEST THREAT’ TO US
Trump visited the battleground state as the election season is in full swing. The Detroit News reported that Trump won Michigan by 10,704 votes in 2016, when he defeated Hillary Clinton. His speech on Thursday took place outside an airport hangar and lasted about an hour and 15 minutes.
Trump had been criticized by Democrats in the state for holding the rally.
“He’s willing to put his supporters at risk if it helps him get re-elected,” Rep. Dan Kildee, D-Flint, told the paper.
- Secret Service, FBI arrest armed people with strange items near Trump rally
- Former Iraq POW Jessica Lynch on what helps her thrive after captivity: ‘Every day is a constant reminder’
- NIH staffer to ‘retire’ after being exposed as anti-Fauci blogger: report
- Free college, guaranteed income: State, local officials steer coronavirus aid money toward liberal priorities
- Potential Supreme Court nominee Barbara Lagoa could help Trump win Florida, state Republicans say
- Pelosi trolled by pro-Trumpers with alleged video from California district: ‘Nancy Pelosi does not want you to see this’ on
- Michigan appeals court backs Whitmer’s use of emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic on
- US troops attacked in eastern Syria, officials say on
- Our leaders have sided with the agents of chaos – we’re told crimes of the mob are our fault on
- US Aircraft Carriers Return to South China Sea Amid Rising Tensions on